math doesn't look particularly good for TM.

 From: "LEnglish5@... [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>To:
FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2014 4:22 PMSubject:
Re: [FairfieldLife] Meditation and Science
   That German "study" was based on a "snowball" selection of subjects...

 Subjects who didn't like TM for some reason were asked to provide names of
other people who didn't like TM, who were asked to provide names of other
people who didn't like TM:

 TranceNet: German TM Research, 2 of 7
http://minet.org/www.trancenet.net/research/chap2.shtml#2.1

 http://minet.org/www.trancenet.net/research/chap2.shtml#2.1

 TranceNet: German TM Research, 2 of 7
http://minet.org/www.trancenet.net/research/chap2.shtml#2.1 -Social
circumstances -The time immediately preceding involvement with T.M. -The phase
during the practice of T.M.

 View on minet.org
 Preview by Yahoo

 ...For the reasons named we proceeded methodologically according to the
"Snowball Method", where certain people involved in our investigation in turn
named others and so on etc.

 2.2. ATTRIBUTES OF THE GROUPS QUESTIONED
 Altogether 67 people were questioned. All those questioned had a direct or
indirect relationship with the T.M. movement. It was necessary from the
beginning to divide or classify them into three groups:

 * 30 parents
 * 10 people married to TMers
 * 27 ex-meditators

 So, all the statistics mentioned were based on the interviews with the above
people, who were selected on the basis of having issues with TM.

 It's pretty much a given that if you a group of people who say they have
issues with TM, most of them will report issues with TM.

 I linked the section on how the subjects were selected to a psychology
newsgroup and one of the readers commented that this was disturbingly like the
method that the German government used at the start of teh Nazi regime to
justify the government's campaign against the Jews.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <punditster@...> wrote : On 8/12/2014
12:52 PM, Michael Jackson mjackson74@... mailto:mjackson74@... [FairfieldLife]
wrote:
   I realize you have reading comprehension problems, but this post references
far more than the German study, you idiot.