> On Nov 3, 2005, at 8:33 PM, off_world_beings wrote:
>
> >  <<<You still have to perfect "nirodha", total cessation (of
breath
> > and "mind") >>>
> >

> > This is the early stages of TM.
>
> Really? In the early stages of TM people cease breathing for hours
or
> day at a time?>>>

You didn't state for "hours or a day at a time" in your post !
Where is your proof of this wild and un-documented phenomena.
No, I cannot do it. Can you?

> > Are Buddhists still on the slow boat to Never Never Land.
>
> Maybe you should ask a Buddhist.

I'm asking you, since that is about as far as you seem to go.

> > <<<and integrate the "rain of virtues", then, maybe, you'll be
ready
> > for CC. >>
> >

> > "Rain of Virtues" = Moodmaking (a common Buddhist technique).
>
> Rain of Virtues = pada four of Patanjali...

For you is it is a path, for me (regardless of your interpretation
of Patanjali) it is an epi-phenomena. Am I the only one on this
board that sees this !?

> >> necessary--so much so that volumes of pure knowledge can be
> >> seamlessly retained and repeated without flaw (or very minimal
> >>
> > error).>>>
> >

> > No. Access through the higher Self to the Akashic realm is all
that
> > is needed. It is like the internet. I have a computer, but not
all
> > the knowledge of the internet is stored on it, yet I have access
> > a vast database through the connection. There is no need to
remember
> > anything....except your higher Self (the transcendent)
>
> What higher Self; what "Akashic realm"?>>>

The one that one has access to when one has access to it.
Perhaps you are unaware of it. Perhaps you are "off-line".

> > <<<--Sleep. In the state of turiyatita, Cosmic Consciousness,
sleep

> >> become an epiphenomenon rather than the basic phenomenon
> >>
> > important  for "rest" of the physical body. One of the important
> > qualities of CC   is the total integration of the senses with the
> > void. >>>
> >

> > Call a spade a spade. Your 'Void' is called the Transcendent by
> > Maharishi.
>
> Well no not really--the "transcendent" is merely the calm state.
> Whether you ascertain the void or not ( : -) ) is another question.

I think you need to take an English lesson.
Look them up in a dictionary, then compare and contrast the terms in
a one page essay. In conclusion, ask yourself, is there really a
difference, or am I just putting a complicated and convoluted
perspective on something that is inherently and unchangingly simple.
You will find great freedom and advancement in this essay, and I
will be most humbly corrected should you hold fast to your basic
nature...which is unprotected and beautiful honesty.

Luv
OffWorld