--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, akasha_108 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, pibssmith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> > Does anyone know what happened to Aaron Brown and New Night on CNN
> > and why it is off the air and their website? Did I miss something
> > while being out of town and not as into TV as usual last week?
> > Seems to me he just went without any explanation but maybe I
> > missed some news.
>
> He was canned over the weekend. Austin Cooper (sp?) apparently won
> internal gamesmanship. Googling names will give fuller story.

It's Anderson Cooper (and "Newsnight").  It's huge
news in the TV biz.  Not favorably received by TV
news mavens, professional and otherwise.

For lots of quotes from and links to articles about
it, plus outraged emails, check out the TVNewser
blog at:

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/

It's probably now on the second page, but there are
also quotes from Klein's memo to CNN staff about why
they dunnit, as well as the press release announcing
Cooper's ascendence to the time slot (with no mention
of Aaron).