> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "shempmcgurk"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > 1)  How do you feel about people who abort fetuses that are
> identified
> > as females because they want male babies?  Should it be legal to
> do so?
> >
> > 2)  In the not too distant future, the "autism" gene will be
> > identified and, through an examination of the amniotic fluid, one
> will
> > be able to identify whether a fetus has the "autism" gene.  Many
> of
> > these thus-identified fetuses will then be aborted.  Do you
> support
> > this (keep in mind that Vladimir Nabokov, Stephen spielberg, Bill
> > Gates, and Albert Einstein have all been either suspected of or
> > diagnosed with some form of autism)?
> >

> All of you who want to control the act of a woman's abortion are
> missing the point IMO. It is a personal decision that a woman
makes.
> You or me or anybody else has no business making that decision,
> unless we are female, and it is our abortion.
>
> So, please have all the opinions you want on the world's 'shoulds'
> and 'shoud nots'. However, unless it is your fetus, you don't have
> the fundamental right to make the decision on abortion for someone
> else, whatever their motives may be.

At http://www.nas.orh.uk, Autism is defined as:
A lifelong developmental disability that
affects the way a person communicates and
relates to people around them. Children and
adults with autism are unable to relate to
others in a meaningful way. Their ability to
develop friendships is impaired, as is their
capacity to understand other people's feelings.
All people with autism have impairments in
social interactions, social communication
and imagination. This is referred to as
the triad of impairments.

If you imagine that Nabokov, Speilberg, Einstein
and Bill Gates come under this definition, you
must be off your trolly.
Uns.