and then insisting you have an "ego" problem when you do such.

 Does it, does it, get any better than this?! (-:

 That's sort of funny Dan.  Talk about people who like to hang their hat on
reality, instead of illusion.

 I guess it only works selectively.

 Sort of like insisting on seeing triangles when they are none!!!

 I think I've figured out what this is all about. It's not about the "event."
There's never actually going to ever BE an "event," either live or streamed.
It's all about gathering the names and email addresses of those who "RSVP."

 It wouldn't surprise me actually, I used to work in PR and I know that this
stuff is gold. And I also know that I've just got to get on that mailing list.
One thing I love is crazy spam in the spam box.

Pay attention, again! There is no 'mailing list'. There is no email address.
This is the last time I'm going to try to get you to use real world facts.

 During the last great FFL astrology "debate" I got my chart re-drawn by some
website that gives you a free reading, and then asks for payment to learn more
of your future secrets. What I didn't bank on was the amount of spam I'd get
for extra readings including one for my dog! I nearly went for that, maybe it
had some advice for when to give her biscuits or when to keep her in to avoid
the postman's lawsuits.

 But I'm also convinced there is a good market for things like that because of
this girl I knew in the TMO. She had a very elderly and poorly cat and even
though I offered to wring its neck she would spend an inordinate amount of
money on it including on yagya's! Has the world gone crazy, I wondered, it's
bad enough they sell highly expensive prayers to people and claim they are
"sophisticated and precise Vedic prescriptions to neutralise forthcoming
negative trends" but to claim it might work on animals is insane. The only
trend a fifteen year old cat has to look forward to is a miserable death. Nowt
so queer as folk, they say.

 Help me to understand here. Your planning to "wring its neck", which is the
sane act vs here "crazy" act of praying.

Now I got it.

What this is is a brilliant scam to generate the Ultimate Spam List Of Sucker
Email Addresses, which the scammers will then sell to generators of spam
marketing worldwide. The scammers will be able to say to their potential
spammer customers:

 "This is IT, the Ultimate list you've been looking for. The names on this list
are by definition the dumbest, most gullible people on planet Earth, *just* the
types you're looking for to buy your worthless Newage products. Look at the
facts -- the people who signed up for this 'event' spent most of their lives
and much of their money (anywhere from tens of thousands of dollars to
*millions* of dollars) to hear the 'wisdom' of one of the most low-rent,
ripoff, sham 'spiritual teachers' the world has ever known, Maharishi Mahesh
Yogi. Now, several years after he kicked the bucket, they're ready to line up
to hear MORE 'wisdom' from him from 'beyond the grave,' just because someone
has claimed to be able to 'channel' him. You really CAN'T get any more dumb and
gullible than this. THIS really IS the Ultimate Spam List Of Sucker Email
Addresses -- invest today and you can make money from the same idiots that the
TM organization ripped off."