--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, akasha_108 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> > > Then they discovered he was making derogatory public
> > > comments to the media and was strongly biased *against*
> > > the whole enterprise.  When he demanded to see their
> > > data, they were concerned that he would twist it and
> > > misrepresent their findings.  They no longer trusted
> > > him to give an honest account.
> > >

> > That's not how Barry sees it, but given that he doesn't see his
own
> > biases very well, I'm not surprised.
>

> Wasn't he requesting in his research role at th U of Iowa? ifso,
> Personality issues should not enter into it and MIU should have
> honored a request from an adjacent and major university.

I believe so also. However, Barry DOES have certain biases that may
have just rubbed the MIU guys completely the wrong way. At one
pointhe was the editor of the anti-cult online journal promoted by
Trancenet, and, as Judy pointed out, he thought that the fact that
the MIU researchers hadn't attempted to gain the permission ofthe
entire population of Washington, DC, before conducting the study was
an example of their lack of researcher ethics.