 I think what you are saying is that there phenomena that we may have
considered to be impossible, until they are demonstrated, and supported by
heretofore unknown laws of physics.

 It would depend on whether the "new" laws are in contradiction of the old.
Especially in the case of metabolism and energy transfer. These things are well
understood and the idea that it's possible to circumvent them with a hitherto
unknown gland in the brain that produces a nectar that fulfills all our dietary
requirements including water and without any energy input in itself is
miraculous. And I mean it, a miracle is when the laws of nature are broken.
This would be as good as any other law being broken including levitation or
invisibility.

 Given that there are plenty of ways he could be cheating I know where I'm
going to put my money.

 There are many examples, and could one day explain human levitation if it is
demonstrated.

 The below isn't one of them I'm afraid as there is nothing unusual or contrary
about it other than it appears counter to our expectations drawn from the sort
of things we usually run into. Supercooled helium isn't a day-to-day occurrence
and it isn't defeating gravity in any way. Nor has anything else anyone has
ever come across, apart from anecdotally and what are we to make of that?

 If I am not mistaken there are many demonstrations of water flowing uphill, in
accordance with the laws of physics.  So, if you are asking for an example, you
have one.

 Superfluid helium http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z6UJbwxBZI

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z6UJbwxBZI

 Superfluid helium http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z6UJbwxBZI Helium becomes
superfluid and displays amazing properties. To address all the comments about
helium "running out": Most helium on earth is the result of r...

 View on www.youtube.com http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z6UJbwxBZI
 Preview by Yahoo

 As far the breatharian, you simply dismiss it has "hogwash", and that because
it didn't cause a global sensation, it must be a fraud. Or that you didn't like
a paragraph in the possible explanation.

 I didn't use the word hogwash, bullshit would be closer to it anyway. This guy
in Australia was caught out, there was no magic going on. I don't know why
people not eating would be a sign of anything great anyway, it's the sort of
thing I'd avoid in a guru. I like my chips and gravy too much to be impressed
by thinness. But the lure of magic is enough for a lot of people I suppose,
it's always interested me, I'm an eternal optimist but becoming rather
sceptical these days.

 I suppose you could say that for any result that you don't like.  "It didn't
pass my threshold for credibility.  The study was corrupted"

 A corrupt study is always a possibility, conversely we shouldn't accept
potentially corrupt information just because the claimed result gives succour
to our cherished beliefs, not if we are interested in truth anyway.

 Having a threshold of credibility is a good plan, it means you have a handy
way of weeding out the bullshit at the start but it shouldn't be so rigid that
you become blinkered. What you need is a good working knowledge about something
before you consider contrary evidence. We can always be wrong but the discovery
of a chakra - whatever that means- in the brain that creates nectar of this
usefulness (or at all) would be a major discovery. Let's hope for the diet
industry's sake if no one elses that this guy has broken the laws of
conservation of energy, as well as a few others.

 I'll bet good money that he hasn't though...

 Personally, I don't care if the guy can survive without food or not.  It
"appeared" to me to be a vetted result. Perhaps I am mistaken.

 Btw, look at what people in general are fascinated by.  It really isn't
something like this.  It's more about what is the latest instagram photo posted
by KK.

 People in general may like KK but she isn't defying the laws of nature, even
though her arse appears to be stretching them sometimes.

 Go figure.

 I am wondering if this will generate any comments from the "no such thing as
woo woo contingent" here.

 Of course it will.

 I happened to also be thinking about all the weird phenomenon that exists, all
according the laws of physic, albeit, laws not typically seen.

 I think it was Ann who post the video showing some of that weird phenomena.

 So, why not human levitation?  You may say it defies the laws of physics, but
so would most of that weird phenomena, at least apparantly.

 Nothing in that video showed a breach of the laws of physics, I didn't even
realise that was the intention of it (if that's what it was). It was selection
of the sort of cool but invisible laws that underlie our world, nothing spooky
about it - once you know what the laws are.

 Gravity is currently understood to be, not a force but  an effect of how mass
affects space and time. All things are in motion and following a straight path
unless acted upon, the presence of any object bends light (and everything else)
around itself by pulling space/time into a curve. Gravity causes us to fall
towards the centre of the Earth, we aren't pulled there. I eagerly await a
demonstration of a way to reverse that apparently inescapable phenomena.

 Cue Willytex....

 But this guy was studied for fifteen days, under the surveillance of cameras.

 Oh, like no one else ever has! Some "breatharian" was observed for ages but it
was a journalist who discovered him sneaking off to the kitchen for a chicken
sandwich in the middle of the night.

 His explanation: Nectar that flows through a hole in his palate.

 What explanation from those who would typically poo poo this type of thing due
to lack of evidence?

 Was the nectar studied? Or even extracted? If it was you would expect it to be
front page news everywhere as it could be synthesised and, hey presto! World
hunger is cured but the doctor in the video didn't mention it. What sort of
process would replace the cells in his body as they died, with no nutrition
coming in? Where does the energy come from to maintain mental functions like
consciousness let alone just walking around for 70 years? Without a transfer of
energy from food coming in from outside the body doesn't work, even this
"nectar" must have some sort of physical origin.

 Sentences like this:

 This sounds crazy, but let’s think about it for a minute.  What do we need
from food? The minerals, which are made out of molecules, which are made out of
atoms, which are made out of quarks, which are made out of superstrings, which
is ultimately part of the Unified Field or Superstring Field.  At a fundamental
level of nature, nutrition is really just vibrating strings of non-local
energy.   Could he somehow be receiving this information somehow without the
need to physically ingest food?
 This is the sort of drivel that infests the internet, I get a ton of it my FB
inbox every morning but an occasional reader who may just have seen these words
on TV or in a newspaper might think there is some sort of reasoned
justification going on here. But there isn't.

 File under Cargo Cult.

 Some people will believe anything and look for justification instead of
explanation.

 Holy Man Claims He Has Not Eaten Or Drank Anything In 70 Years!
http://www.spiritscienceandmetaphysics.com/holy-man-claims-he-has-not-eaten-or-drank-anything-in-70-years/

http://www.spiritscienceandmetaphysics.com/holy-man-claims-he-has-not-eaten-or-drank-anything-in-70-years/

 Holy Man Claims He Has Not Eaten Or Drank Anything I...
http://www.spiritscienceandmetaphysics.com/holy-man-claims-he-has-not-eaten-or-drank-anything-in-70-years/
 What is the longest you have went without a piece of food or a glass of water?
 A holy man in India claims that he has not eaten or drank anything for 70
years! Pr...

 View on www.spiritsciencean...