A project coming through the U. of Iowa Film School the casting for this film
has tapped into the acting talent of the Fairfield meditating community.
Initially I received an e-mail wondering and asking if our harmony singing
group Prairie Harmony Shape Note Singing | Fairfield Folk Arts & Dance Co-op
http://fairfolk.org/prairieharmony

 http://fairfolk.org/prairieharmony

 Prairie Harmony Shape Note Singing | Fairfield Folk Arts...
http://fairfolk.org/prairieharmony The Bentonsport Sessions: Live and Natural
We offer here live performances of songs that our group of 14 singers has come
to love over the past 15 years we...

 View on fairfolk.org http://fairfolk.org/prairieharmony
 Preview by Yahoo

 ..could portray a church scene of 1903 coal miners in Sunday church within the
film by singing the material we usually sing in our group.  As we got to know
the project I suggested the film-maker send down a "casting-call" to drop in to
the Fairfield acting community.  Within a moment they received a number of
resumes from people down here in Fairfield.  From about 40 years of theatre
community in meditating Fairfield there is quite a pool of crafted acting
talent here which people outside of Fairfield may not know about.  The U. of
Iowa was impressed and has fleshed out the film casting a number characters
from Fairfield in to the film.  This film is becoming a Fairfield community
project as such.

 Black Canaries
 A film situated in 1903 Iowa Coal Mining

 Black Canaries - UIowa MFA Thesis Film
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jkreitzer/black-canaries-uiowa-mfa-thesis-film

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jkreitzer/black-canaries-uiowa-mfa-thesis-film

 Black Canaries - UIowa MFA Thesis Film
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jkreitzer/black-canaries-uiowa-mfa-thesis-film
 A 1900s coal mining folktale inspired by filmmaker Jesse Kreitzer's maternal
ancestors.

 View on www.kickstarter.com