---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <jedi_spock@...> wrote :

--- <sharelong60@...> wrote :

 I think one key to emotional good health is to be able to genuinely love a
person even while not liking or even hating what they do.

--- <awoelflebater@...> wrote :

 That is fascinating Share. I don't agree with that at all. Emotional good
health might be related to loving another genuinely but I know that true
emotional honesty also comes with acknowledging that some actions or beliefs of
your loved one are not lovable and to experience that with all the implications
that might lead to is the way to go, for me at least. There are moments when I
might feel real anger or disgust toward my "loved ones" and in that moment the
love has taken a second row seat although it's still in the audience. Love is
great but so are all the other emotions you might experience in a day or a week
or a year and this includes other things than love. I think it is mood making
if one weren't to acknowledge that one's "loved ones" can't be unlovable in
moments or are seriously flawed and in those moments love can be overshadowed
because one is being honest.

--- <jedi_spock@...> wrote :

I think share is a little confused.
Whhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttttttttttttttt!
Love and hate are extremes. Like and dislike are moderation.
The phil of Gita is to be moderate and maintain equipose.

Compassion is a tracendental quality. Passion is a
terrestrial quality.

Maharishi in his BG commentary does mention that the
enlightened man does have likes and dislikes.

  You have disrupted a very instructive conversation between 2 women who know
exactly what they are talking about!

Ann, when she differs, does so like a normal person:
That is fascinating Share. I don't agree with that at all.

You, on the other hand poke your snout in with:
I think share is a little confused.

I'm coming back to you!

Hey Danny boy, You are the one who pushes your butt into all
the conversations here. I tell you, it stinks.!

Yes I expect that it does.
The world is as you are.

I guess your response will not deal with calling Share a little confused.
Nice avoidance of reality, Mr Spock.

No emotions, I expect.

"These "post the most" characters – one in particular – have
been around since the beginning. Apparently decades of TM
practice don’t necessarily cultivate any significant degree
of self-reflective awareness, or a sense of purpose in life
which would motivate one towards activities more
constructive than cluttering up a chat group with excessive
posts, even after having been told repeatedly that it wasn’t
appreciated. Go figure."   (Rick Archer)

"In all seriousness, I suspect that Rick has done exactly
that. He really doesn't seem to even notice that the group
has developed a couple of mentally unbalanced types whose
highest goal in life seems to be to "post the most." Or that
other people on the forum are actually encouraging them to
do so and egging them on in their psychosis, as they did
previously with other mentally unbalanced posters like Ravi
and Robin. IMO, the group's already dead. Rick's just hoping
that it attracts vultures to perform a Tibetan "sky burial,"
so he doesn't have to spring for a funeral.  :-)"
(turquoiseb)

No need for me to bother with you, life has already done that Turq.

"That'll look good on the brochure: Learn TM & stay an
inconsiderate knob your whole life."   (salyavin808)

I'm coming back to you. Just for the fun of it. I guess a discussion of Love
has set you off again, Salamander.

[...]

  • [FairfieldLife] Photo se... TurquoiseBee turquoi...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • Re: [FairfieldLife]... TurquoiseBee turquoi...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
      • Re: [FairfieldL... Share Long sharelon...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]