On 10/4/2014 2:07 PM, Duveyoung wrote:

Let's face it, Rick is being practical. The Jews are very aggressive about any antisemitism and could get someone at Yahoo freaked enough to close FFL down. It may not be right to surrender, but it does avoid the danger not yet come.

/It has not been established that "antisemitism" has been posted to FFL - that's just Rick's opinion.//It has also not been established that ant-Semitism is "rampant" on FFL. //

We have not yet received a report from the ADL or from the Yahoo administrators, so the jury is still out on the nature of the original //message.

/

If Yahoo closed FFL, the lost would be significant, but if Rick bans antisemitism, the lost to "the world's ability to have free speech" would be hardly noticed. An easy call for Rick, methinks.

/Non sequitur. //If Yahoo were to close down FFL it wouldn't be because of a few anti-Semitic messages, it would probably be because of your posting about the private sex life of the MUM faculty members./

Now if the various communities around the world got as aggressively defensive, hoo boy, who could then say anything about anything? Think of all the downtrodden folks who could equally claim the world has smacked them as badly as were the Jews.

/Non sequitur. /

I've never confronted my Jewish friends about this.....might have to do so, cuz this shit's gotta stop.

/Non sequitur.

/

And, hey, for what Israel is doing to Palestine while Jews around the world remain mostly silent, I say they've lost their right to bitch about Hitler. They should go back to dissing the Pharaoh.

/You realize that you've just posted an anti-Semitic remark, right?/