> > --- <turquoiseb@... mailto:turquoiseb@... > wrote:

 > > If this survey is anywhere near accurate, it looks to me as if believers
 > > (or American believers, anyway) are a bunch of hypocrites and slackers and
 > > vengeful psychopaths >

> ---<punditster@...> wrote :

 > Now this is funny - an American guy that believes in the Tibetan bardo,
 > Buddhas and bodhisattvas, karma, reincarnation, Hindu siddhis (super-normal
 > powers) - is a hypocrite, a slacker, and a vengeful psychopath - who once
 > posted a message to the Yahoo group threatening to "nuke" a discussion
 > "terrorist." Go figure.

 > "Hypocrisy is the claim or pretense of holding beliefs that one does not in
 > actual fact hold. It is the practice of engaging in the same behavior or
 > activity for which one criticizes another."

>   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypocrisy
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypocrisy

 As Steve pointed out, he does have some hallmarks of a
'classical theist', but he also has some characteristics of
'classical atheist'.  IMO a contradiction.

Basicaly, there are two types of theism, ie 'classical theism'
and 'religious theism'.

Basicaly, there are two types of atheism, ie 'classical
atheism' and 'scientific atheism'.

The 'classical atheism' is based on the following arguments,

Theoretical argument :- The arguments against the existence
of gods, responding to common theistic arguments such as the
argument from design or Pascal's Wager.

Epistemological argument :- Divinity is inseparable from the
world itself, including a person's mind, and each person's
consciousness is locked in the subject, this limitation in
perspective prevents any objective inference from belief in
a god to assertions of its existence.

Metaphysical argument :-  The implicit denial of God in all
philosophies that, while they accept the existence of an
absolute, conceive of the absolute as not possessing any of
the attributes proper to God.

Logical argument :- The various conceptions of gods, such as
the personal god of Christianity, are ascribed logically
inconsistent qualities.

  • [FairfieldLif... TurquoiseBee turquoi...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • [Fairfie... steve.sun...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
      • Re: ... 'Richard J. Williams' pundits...@gmail.com [FairfieldLife]