 S3,

 That's a good question.  We may not get any message back at all since the
radio waves are relatively slow in comparison to the large distances involved
in the scale of the Milky Way and the entire universe.  Also, the earth-like
planets near us may not have any advanced civilizations like ours.  Or, that
their living beings are still in the microbial, plant or animal stages.

 My point is that, if there are any advanced human-like  civilizations in the
Milk Way, they would be communicating with us telepathically or through lucid
dreams.  For example, a few years ago, there was a psychic here on FFL who
posted that he was able to communicate telepathically with another being from
the Pleaides star system.  I believe Rick knows the guy who also lives in
Fairfield, Iowa.

 OK, the first problem is: why would telepathic waves travel faster than light?
Or rather, how could they travel faster than light? And that's forgetting the
obvious question of brains being not all that strong compared to, say, Jodrell
bank radio telescope! So the send/receive function is going to be a bit limited.

 The other big problem is that the Pleaides system is pretty much the last
place you will find life in our galaxy, a bunch of very young white-hot
supergiant stars. Life of any organic type aint happening there, or anywhere
close.

 That's typical of science, always spoiling people's fun. UFO contactees used
to say they'd met beings from Venus or Mars until the harsh reality of the
climate on those worlds drove their imaginary aliens away to the outer planets
first and then on to more distant star systems. Not sure why the Pleaides got
chosen as a home for the Space Brothers. They do look nice though, especially
through a telescope as you can still see the blue nebulae that the stars formed
out of.

 Yes, probably so, if the means of communication is through light or radio
waves.

 I enjoyed that moment in the movie Contact where the first TV signal that
aliens would have received from Earth was Hitler's speech at the 1936 Olympics.
The idea has since been dismissed by scientists as it seems that the
transmission signal was very low powered so is unlikely to be picked out
amongst all the background radiation in space.
 But what will their first Earth TV signal be? I Love Lucy? Baywatch? American
Idol?
 Perhaps the best hope is that it's some global warming/ecological doom-laden
documentary so that the aliens conclude it's not worth wasting time invading
our dying planet.

 As such, the speed of communication is limited by the speed of light.  But it
is theoretically possible to contact ETs through telepathic means or lucid
dreaming.

 Why?  Because consciousness pervades the entire universe.  So, communication
through consciousness is faster than the speed of light.  IMO, the Srimad
Bhagavatam has given us clues of this type of communication in the story
relating to Urvasi, the heavenly apsara.  She supposedly can be found taking a
bath in the region near the Pleiades, which is placed in beginning degrees of
Taurus.

 From my experience, everyone--perhaps, more so for males--can see Urvasi
through lucid dreaming when the Moon is transiting the 3rd quarter of Krittika
nakshatra.  She appears as a beautiful female during a dream.