Maybe we are splitting hairs here but you yourself offered the opinion that the
Movement needed to purge itself of cultish nonsense. I agree that not ALL the
things the Movement says about TM is a lie, but a good deal of it is stretching
the truth if not an out right lie.

Sal summed it up by referring to TM as a gateway drug. You know good and well
the Movement leaders want everyone who does TM to swallow it whole hog, get
into yagyas, ayurveda over western medicine, buy vedic observatory models and
all the rest.

If you can see the Movement doing good when they for example offer to do a
national yagya for England to prevent more flooding and storms AFTER the rainy
season was over and AFTER they asked for and collected $100,000 to "do" the
yagya when the pundits were already living in TM facilites and knew how to do
the yagya already, if you see this as evidence of the kind of behavior TM
creates or that it is doing good, you have a way different idea of what doing
good in the world is.

I can't help but see the fact that what the Movement mainly uses TM for is to
get more converts to make more money. They are not out there doing anything
substantive to improve the quality of life for people - they promote TM to
promote TM, not to do anything else. (from my point of view)