---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <inmadison@...> wrote :

 Yes you got the spirit of my thoughts, and thanks for chiming in.    The heart
of it was this sentence:  ' I include anything that is physical/material, or
anything that interacts with the physical/material.'

especially the   . . . "and anything that interacts with the physical/material"

because believing in anything that does not interact with the physical seems
foolish no matter how one slices it . . . . and if it interacts with the
physical, then it should be within the prevalence of science.

So, to pull off an honest belief in God - - - to be a believer in the
nonphysical (spiritual), it sure looks to me like you got to believe there is
no matter/physicality, its all mind or consciousness, and believing this is
some hard task, especially since we get countless reminders every day how hard
and edgy the world is.

So it's best to skip the believing part and go straight to the knowing of it,
it's one's only chance.   Pretty much all of us here in FFL gave it a decent
shot . . . and whether or not we felt any progress or not, we either gave it up
or kept going (with TM or anything).    I am keeping on but careful not to
ascribe any meaning to anything I discover(therefore I am an atheist).

 Stick around, whoever you are.