 There are many non-physical phenomena that on one hand, cannot be proven, by
physical means. On the other hand, if we take them out of the equation of life,
life then makes less sense, and becomes less enjoyable. An example would be the
love between a child, and its mother or father, or love between friends.

 What makes you think that is non-physical?

 The scientist would conclude that it is species preservation and chemicals,
but that doesn't jibe with anyone who has ever hugged anyone else.

 Astoundingly, scientists do get the occasional hug. How the brain generates
subjective experience is the mystery not that it is a subjective metal
experience that wouldn't be there without our brains and all their chemicals
and electricity.

 My perspective tends to be the other way 'round, seeing the eventual physical
manifestations of all of this world, as an end result, vs. a starting point.

 I recall Maharishi was rather dismissive, of the coarse nature of a strictly
material life, a function of lower consciousness.

 True, but he had some yagya's to sell you. And I don;t consider him much of an
authority anyway simply because he pitched a non-sensical cosmology with no
evidence to support it, and a lot of what he claimed is testable but seems to
have failed. And a lot of it was wishful thinking and appeals to ancient
authority. I give him top marks for optimism though.

 Odd that those with a scientific bias, allow themselves to feel and integrate
non-scientific emotional responses into their lives, and yet be quite imperious
on accepting such responses, as they consider them non-scientific. What a mess
waking state is.

 I don;t know how I make it through the day to be honest...

 Fresh air blowing through the Funny Farm Lounge from DC area and Madison.
Thanks guys for this example of FFL at its best.

 On Tuesday, October 21, 2014 11:18 AM, "curtisdeltablues@... [FairfieldLife]"