--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "L B Shriver" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> snip
> >
> > As noted, Shankar had broken with the TMO sometime not
> > long prior to 1994, so the "sweet poison" warning
> > would have had to have been issued at some point in
> > between then and 1998.
> >
> ********
>
> 1993 at the DC course.
>
> L B S

Born in 1956 in Papanasam, India, His Holiness Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
studied with many renowned spiritual masters and became a scholar of
Vedic Literature. By the age of seventeen, he obtained an Advanced
Degree in Modern Physics.

In 1982, His Holiness Sri Sri Ravi Shankar founded the Art of Living
Foundation

http://www.artofliving.org/founder.html

In 1982, he started the Art of Living Foundation, a United Nations NGO
and introduced to the world 'Sudarshan Kriya technique'—a unique
breathing process, which removes stress and negative toxins from the
body by rejuvenating each and every cell. The Foundation aims at
fostering health at every conceivable human level-mental, physical,
emotional as well as spiritual.

http://www.webindia123.com/personal/religious/sriravi.htm

I took his basic course with him in 1994 or 95. By then, it was quite
a "mature" movement -- in that some friends had been to india with him
4-5 years or more previously, lots of people on courses, including
many former initiators, had been with him for a long time -- 6,7 years +