I don't do treats and just leave the porch light off and cover over the door window. Nextdoor.com had a sign-up for creating a map of houses that offered treats or not. This year I have a camera pointed at the entrance so I will see what happens. Someone on that site in another nearby area said they got 900 kids a year or so ago. That's really crazy not to mention a small fortune in candy.