 Pardon my common sense, but all of this spinning, based on a few moments of
videotape, strikes me as unscientific in the extreme. A bit of mental midgetry,
imo. Might as well be speculating on the motives of Kim Kardashian, for all any
of us knew of Maharishi during his last days.

 I agree with you. Like I said, I have not watched a tape of MMY, other than
that cherry picked few moments by the Australian interviewer and documentary
maker, since my days at MIU so that would have been 35+ years ago.

 In that case, why do you agree with Jim? I saw Marshy deteriorate over a ten
year period because I lived in an academy and they had the Marshy channel on
24/7. This aint no spinning.

 I agree with him in the sense that watching a minute or less of a videotape of
someone is hardly grounds to either diagnose them or to understand their
motives for whatever it is they are doing. I would personally think a bit more
exposure to the said subject would allow one to make a far more in depth and
accurate assessment of their 'condition'.

 I'm probably the best informed person here, it was excrutiating to watch and
if they really cared about him they would have pulled the plug on his TV
appearances long before the end. That's my Ha'porth.

 Ha'penny's worth -love it.

  I know that I have been influenced by what others here described as his
mental infirmities and I have read their accounts of their own subjective
observations of later tapes but have not gone to actually see them myself.
However, the question still stands for me: Does enlightenment preclude the
possibility of mental decay or even senility and the onset of Alzheimers? Not
having been around elderly enlightened people I have no idea.

 Clearly, enlightenment isn't all it's cracked up to be in possibly every
respect you can think of. It's a bit embarrassing that we all thought it was.
The denial you hear comes from TBs who still hold it as the ultimate panacea
they have been striving for their entire lives. Perfect health, infinite
wisdom, eternal bliss etc and they got it all from the reesh, and then he turns
out to be merely human after all. Like Guru Dev before him, and everyone else
on Earth before and since. That's life.

 I think of believers as those who happen to believe something in any given
moment but are just as liable to chuck that belief and move on to another
belief given enough evidence. That is the nature of us humanoids and one that,
no matter how much some here lament that case, will not change no matter how
much some might think this is silliness or narrow-mindedness. Nothing remains
static, surely you know this as a scientist of sorts.

            • ... nablusoss1008
        • [Fairfie... nablusoss1008
      • Re: [Fairfie... Michael Jackson mjackso...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
  • [FairfieldLife] Re: M... Duveyoung