On 11/2/2014 8:03 PM, sri...@ymail.com wrote:

There exists an early book on Maharishi which it seems few people have been aware of. It contains information that contradicts recent accounts of Maharishi early life and the early movement and shows those accounts to be very superficial and biased . It involves first hand accounts from individuals in India.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Maharishis-Himalayas-Elsa-Dragemark/dp/B0024Z55RW

/You are supposed to read the messages BEFORE you post your comments. I already reviewed this book on Google Groups.

This book is rare and out of print and you probably can't afford it. There is one copy at the Library at the UT Center for Asian Studies - I read it in 1979 when I was a Sanskrit student there. To save you some money I'll post you a direct quote from the book://
//
//"After Guru Dev's passing, Maharishi went up to the Upper Kashi to meditate; then he went down south to give lectures at the Spiritual Luminaries in Kerala." - Elsa Dragenmark//
//
//Subject: The Way to Maharishi's Himalaya//
//Author: willytex//
//Forum: Google Groups//