On 11/7/2014 1:52 AM, eustace10679 wrote:

Awake:The Life of Yogananda TRAILER <http://www.brightstarevents.net/news/awake-the-life-of-yogananda-trailer>

Hailed as "the father of Yoga in the West", Paramahansa Yogananda is regarded as one of the great spiritual figures of our time. According to MMY's secretary at La Antilla TTC, many of the techniques taught by Yogananda were incorporated into the AoE program.

For example, the /"night-time siddhi float"/ has been taught at Yogananda's Self Realization Fellowship since 1920. Yogananda taught /Kriya Yoga/ and other meditation practices, which he called /Self-realization/.

http://www.yogananda.com.au/yogananda_life1.html

/"As a bright light shining in the midst of darkness, so was Yogananda's presence in this world. Such a great soul comes on earth only rarely, when there is a real need among men."/ – HH Shankaracharya of Kanchipuram

We took one of our first yoga courses as a correspondence course out of the Self Realization Fellowship, (SRF) and were later initiated when we moved to L.A. We were frequent visitors to lectures at the SRF Center and restaurant and visited the SRF Headquarters at Mt. Washington on two occasions. I remember one memorable visit at a weekend retreat in Encinitas while I was meditating: suddenly I realized a new meditation thechnique having to do with the kundalini rising up through the chakras. Later that year in San Francisco we took a hatha yoga course with Swami Kriyananda (J. Donald Walters) .

/"The Kriya Yogi mentally directs his life energy to revolve, upward and downward, around the six spinal centers (medullary, cervical, dorsal, lumbar, sacral, and coccygeal plexuses) which correspond to the twelve astral signs of the zodiac, the symbolic Cosmic Man. One-half minute of revolution of energy around the sensitive spinal cord of man effects subtle progress in his evolution; that half-minute of Kriya equals one year of natural spiritual unfoldment."/ - Paramahansa Yogananda

Read more:

*Paramahansa Yogananda*
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yogananda

*Autobiography of a Yogi*
By Paramahansa Yogananda
Self-Realization Fellowship, 2006
Amazon reviews:
/
//"This is an unparalleled firsthand account of Paramhansa Yogananda and his teachings, written by one of his closest students. Yogananda is one of the world's most widely known and universally respected spiritual masters. His Autobiography of a Yogi has helped stimulate a spiritual awakening in the West and a spiritual renaissance in his native land of India."/

Source:

*Conversations with Yogananda*
Edited by Swami Kriyananda
Crystal Clarity, 2004