We attended class and listened to Stephen Gaskin every Monday evening for several months back in 1970. He gave lectures at the Family Dog and hundreds of people would gather to get high and listen to his words of wisdom. Gaskin is the first person to explain to me what karma means. A few weeks later I was able to use that word in a sentence talking to Travis Rivers about the SF Oracle newspaper. Stephen Gaskin, R.I.P.

This was the early days when if you had read Yogananda's book you were considered to be advanced spiritually. By then I was reading /Tibetan Yoga and Secret Doctrines/. Go figure. For those who were too young or weren't born yet, have you ever wondered what it would have been like to be in the first wave of hippies that crested in the late 1960s and early 70s? Here is a nice report:

/Stephen Gaskin leads the Monday Night Class at the Family Dog in 1970 (Photo: Gerald Wheeler)/

http://www.tokeofthetown.com/2011/07/holy_hippies_book_tells_story_of_1971_pot-fueled_b.php
  • [FairfieldLife]... 'Richard J. Williams' pundits...@gmail.com [FairfieldLife]
        • [F... s3raph...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]