--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "dhamiltony2k5"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yes, you have succeeded to fill up the FFL list with
exacting 'almost
> anything', as the FFL home page encourages.  Why is the topic
here?
> Out on the street for a while I ask and talk to a lot of people
who do
> not read FFL anymore because of the reams of unrelated stuff like
> this.  People would be more inclined to come here as a place if it
> stuck to topic (FFL) a little more, but they tend not to look
> anymore.
>

>> Can you bring this thread to Fairfield. ?>>>

I think that one of the things that would happen if Akasha's
scenario takes place would be that people would be out on the street
across the country - can't afford rent, can't afford to buy, can't
afford to run a car. Any rentals that work would soon turn to slums
since landlords would squeeze as many of the now low paying renters
into the houses as possible. Unemployment is high under Akasha's
scenario also. So milliopns of people would suddenly not be able to
live the life they are accustomed to . There would be not enough
money from taxes to pay for the police and army, and the black hole
of Iraq would suck up any excess. A break-down in law and order
would occur and corruption among police and politicians would be
rife. Under Akasha's scenario, not mine, The already millions of
dirt poor immigrants in US would now have nothing, but would take
the opportunity to re-organize themselves and become a volatile and
unpredictable force within the breaking down society. If the US
pulls out of Iraq before it is a stable dictatorship again, the
middle east will meltdown and oil prices will skyrocket. All the
people who have been moving to the East and West coasts of the US,
raising the population there, would be in a 1930's depression-like
situation. While the now depopulating midwest would suffer loss of
income from farming and other business. Oil prices would stifle the
midwest to some extent.
Next (under Akasha's scenario, not mine), the Chinese would make
their move to start to buy or take over parts of the US based on the
massive debt the US owes them. The US military would be in dissarray
and corrupt due to lack of funding, and a better organised nation
will have to take control someohow (directly or indirectly) of the
dangerous US armeries. The greatest superpower on earth would have
imploded.

However (under Akasha's scenario, not mine), the midwest would most
likely be the least affected area since it is the least populated
and those from the West and East coast, who could do so, would move
to the Midwest in droves to escape the chaos elswhere. They would
also make life-changing decisions and (under Akasha's scenario, not
mine),  masses of them would move to Fairfield seeking a better way
than before. Thus DIRECTLY impacting Fairfield....in a good way.
Fairfielders would welcome them and they would learn the ways of the
enlightened and house prices and business across the midwest would
take off to be mecca that many east and west coasters would now seek.

This is the relevance to Fairfield that Akasha is trying to convey.

However, how many people here think that this scenario or a version
of it will happen?
If you think some of it will happen please pinpoint which aspects
you think are feasible.

Personally , I am with you, it is not a good place on FFL to discuss
in such great swaths of cut and paste articles the hypothetical
housing bubble bust, nor the hypothetical bird flu disaster.

Off World