From: salyavin808 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <anartaxius@...> wrote :

In regard to Orme-Jonhson, I was sitting near him once and the discussion he
was having with someone had to do with data from the Maharishi Effect research.
He mentioned that some other researchers wanted to see the raw data, and it
seemed he was not going to give it to them, saying 'You know what they would do
with it'.

We do indeed know, they'd have a look to see what the hell is going on and blow
it out of the water if that's what it deserves. Not letting other researchers
look at what it is you've done to reach your conclusions is the very essence of
bad science because if it can't be checked there's no reason for anyone to
believe it. Especially as it's in such a contentious area.

I do remember reading that they'd refused to hand over raw data before but
could never find any evidence online, it would have helped in the many
arguments I've had about the ME research over the years.

Just checking the MUM website, the universitydoes not have a neuroscience
department. Fred Travis, for example, is a Professor of Maharishi Vedic
Science, not a professor of a scientific discipline that are researching
meditation at other universities.

Professor of Maharishi Vedic Science? It's like they don't even want to be
taken seriously.

More likely it's that everyone was so guru-whipped that no one had the balls to
tell Maharishi names like that were a dumb idea.
        • Re... wgm4u
  • Re: [FairfieldL... Michael Jackson mjackso...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
  • Re: [FairfieldL... salyavin808
    • Re: [Fairf... lengli...@cox.net [FairfieldLife]