/The conscious mind is merely the PR department of our brain that tries to make everything look good.

According to what I've read, on average a person makes 100,00 decisions in a single day. We have no control over about 90% of these, and for the most part, we don't even realize that we're making them.

That's because our subconscious mind operates in secret. It determines who we fall in love with, which cars we buy - and which mistakes we make. 90% of what we do happens subconsciously.

Our mind would be blown to bits if we had to do everything with the conscious mind. Apparently the human mind can only process four or five units of information simultaneously. /