 That's cool Curtis.

 Yes, of course the cat likes my wife who is the provider of food.

 And I will sometimes insist on petting it, and then it can't resist the
scratching under the chin, and will even start purring, but then it forgets
that episode in a matter of minutes.

 I just feel cheated, because they are always a few minutes when I want to sit
and watch some TV with a kitty on my lap, but he's chillin in some other corner
of the house.

 In my experience cats are still wild animals. They like certain comforts and
so avail themselves of those things when readily accessible and when not too
inconvenient. I never owned a cat except when I adopted a couple of brother
kittens for a barn I owned. They were both feral and the SPCA wanted to put
them down rather than adopt them out to an 'outside/outdoor' home. I sent a
friend back in and had her embellish the truth about where the two kittens were
going so that I could bring them to the farm. It worked, we adopted these two
brothers who I named "Dylan" and "Thomas" and they lived happily ever after
eating organic cat food, seeing the vet regularly and even when Dylan got his
tail mysteriously broken I spent the $600 to have it amputated and tended to
(it broke right at the base of the poor guy's spine). But to be perfectly
honest with you, I am not a cat fan. They live a little bit too much in their
own world to be as accessible as I would like them to be in order to be able to
consider them an actual "pet". They can be unpredictable, cold, distant and
unavailable just when you were hoping for a little lovin'. They are amazing
creatures and very beautiful in their form and their agility. They are so
wonderfully creepy sometimes too when they hop sideways all arched up and
stiff-legged. So I get where you're coming from, Steve. Having a cat that won't
trust and really love you after ten years is pushing the definition of "pet"
past the point of no return.

  • [FairfieldLife] Re: m... awoelfleba...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • [FairfieldLife] ... fleetwood_macnche...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • [FairfieldLife] ... curtisdeltabl...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]