Re "If you're female and attending those colleges, you have a 1 in 4 chance of
being raped":

 Unless US colleges are effectively war zones (which is where you do get such
high proportions of women being sexually assaulted) my natural scepticism
inclines me to take the 25 per cent figure with a large pinch of salt.
 That 1 in 4 statistic has been questioned. If you Google the figures (as I
just did) you get loads of sites which take the figures as literally exact and
lots of sites insisting that they are hopelessly exaggerated. Which way they
lean seems to say more about the posters' prejudices than it does about hard
facts.
 I haven't the time to wade through the arguments of the different positions
taken or to do the maths - have you? If not, don't quote stats you can't back
up. It isn't going to help the solution.