On 11/20/2014 3:00 AM, TurquoiseBee wrote:

*/If you were find out for sure that there is NO God, would you feel a sense of loss, as if your life had been diminished in some way or wasted believing in one?/*
*/
/*
*/We non-theists wouldn't. It would have no impact on our lives whatsoever. /*
*/
/*
*/If your answer to the question is "Yes," it seems to me that your faith in God is based on habit, neediness and fear, not on any kind of positive belief. /*

/The problem, Barry, isn't a belief or not, in "God", but whether or not you are in a state of depression and believe in nothing. This despair can lead to nihilism and even suicide - thinking there is no hope for yourself or for mankind.

Try to think positive Barry - human-kind is our best hope for survival in a dangerous, uncertain materialistic world./

/You have to have faith in the goal of enlightenment, or there is no hope for the liberation of man from suffering. /
    • [Fairfield... steve.sun...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • Re: [Fairf... Mike Dixon mdixon.6...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • [Fairfield... s3raph...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]