On 11/29/2014 3:42 PM, Share Long wrote:

Richard, it's probably good not to take it personally. ESPECIALLY when they mean it personally.

Share, I don't take it personally - it's the cognitive dissonance that concerns me. Every statement, when taken to extremes, will be found to be self-contradictory. I just don't understand why Barry can't understand this anymore - he is the one who alerted me to it!

/"So when you see something that violates all the "rules" you have established in your mind for How Things Work, your mind freaks out for a little while. It goes into a 3 to 4 day period of profound cognitive dissonance."/ - Unc 7/25/03

PS If I've ever said anything negative about you, hope you'll forgive me.

/You are one of the few respondents on this forum that has helped me with my own cognitive dissonance.

/

*From:* "'Richard J. Williams' pundits...@gmail.com [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
*To:* FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
*Sent:* Saturday, November 29, 2014 2:31 PM
*Subject:* Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: Apologies...

On 11/29/2014 12:47 PM, raunchy...@yahoo.com <mailto:raunchy...@yahoo.com> [FairfieldLife] wrote:
Raunchy, I agree that Barry is a degenerate filth and a
rotten piece of shit.

But, he cleverly worded his statement in such a way that it
would seem to general readers, that true blue believers
would condone such an act (whether by maharishi or anyone
else).

In other words, he seems to be implying that true believers
are perverts or fools, as they would condone such an act. I
think this provoked Jim and Ann.

Nope. Folks didn't react to Barry because they were offended as "true believers." They were offended as human beings repulsed by the vile image of child abuse he invoked.

/What Barry posted was probably intentionally nuanced, but I've got to say it was a very strange metaphor to use on a public forum discussing spiritual paths, considering how almost anything can be taken out of context and used against him.

But, I've come to expect that from Barry - not for nothing did he call himself the "Uncle Tantra" for a decade or more. It was almost like he was so engrossed in winning a religious argument that he lost all sense of propriety and common sense.

I can't take sides in this since, as far as I'm concerned, almost everyone on this fourm has said something derogatory about me, but I'm not going to call the cops on anyone. I'll let others be the informants and I'll just continue to post information, or I won't. /