I slept through this, but friends of mine heard it. It sounds like this
mysterious US spy plane "Aurora" to me, that is reported (I don't know who by)
to have a pulse engine to drive it so far beyond the speed of sound and it
apparently leaves distinctive circular puffs of exhaust in the air as it moves.

 First person to get a photo of this thing in flight will be make a lot of
money out of it I suspect. But at 5000 miles an hour you're gonna have to be
quick...

 What caused the bang that shook Britain?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2856763/What-caused-bang-shook-Britain-Aliens-Spy-planes-Armageddon-London-Aberdeen-question-s-asking.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2856763/What-caused-bang-shook-Britain-Aliens-Spy-planes-Armageddon-London-Aberdeen-question-s-asking.html

 What caused the bang that shook Britain?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2856763/What-caused-bang-shook-Britain-Aliens-Spy-planes-Armageddon-London-Aberdeen-question-s-asking.html
 The loud pops heard from Llandudno to Croydon, from Devon to Norwich, sounded
like fireworks - but none were to be seen. Guns, jets, meteorites, fir...

 View on www.dailymail.co.uk
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2856763/What-caused-bang-shook-Britain-Aliens-Spy-planes-Armageddon-London-Aberdeen-question-s-asking.html

 Preview by Yahoo