Having recently posted on this forum that I consider "The Lord of the Rings" to
be both better written and more spiritual than "The Bible," I follow up with
this article about the perils of daring to "re-translate" such a masterpiece.
It's like what the story of creating the New International Version of "The
Bible" would have been like if the writers of the King James Version had modern
lawyers.

How I Defeated the Tolkien Estate

|   |
| How I Defeated the Tolkien EstateThe story of how one brave soul defended his
right to translate the Red Book of Westmarch in court against the powers of the
Tolkien estate. |
|  |
| View on the-toast.net | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |