On 12/10/2014 9:55 AM, Share Long wrote:

Richard, I simply meant that even people outside of "spiritual" communities know the popular phrase what goes around comes around.

Of course, everyone knows that - it's written in the Bible. It's just that we can't fully understand using the intellect how bad people don't always get punished and sometimes the good people have to suffer. Also, if we accept the law of karma there would be no exceptions - no free will.

Personally, I accept the law of cause and effect and the law of karma and purposely don't go around doing bad things. The key to the law of karma is to do good things without expecting anything in return - that's Karma Yoga. Do good for the benefit of all but do not be attached to the fruits of your actions. I simply believe in Life - what it does to you, and what you do back. It's not complicated.

/"Unfathomable are the laws of karma!"/

*From:* "'Richard J. Williams' pundits...@gmail.com [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
*To:* FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
*Sent:* Tuesday, December 9, 2014 5:45 PM
*Subject:* Re: [FairfieldLife] Karma, Maharishi Mahesh -greatest Guru the world has ever known

On 12/9/2014 11:32 AM, Share Long wrote:

For those who don't like the word karma, there's always the popular phrase: what goes around comes around (-:

Indeed, Share. For those that don't like the word /"karma"/ there is always the phrase /"cause and effect"./ Or, put more simply, /"Causation or Causality"/ or for those who don't even understand this, there is always - /"one thing leads to another."/

The question then arises: Is their also a moral reciprocity?

According to Georg Fuerstien, /"India's sages assure us that this law applies with equal force in the realm of the mind to our thoughts and volition."/ But, because science looks only at the material realm, it fails to appreciate the comprehensive nature of causation and therefore also allows for meaningless chance events.

The Causal Nexus is the root of our limited and limiting experience of space and time As simple as this view seems to be, it is at the same time, very deep and subtle. Not easily understood by the un-reflective individual who only makes comments without thinking them through. Go figure.