Re "Meaning that the universe is aware through us.":

 That's another theme from those 19th-century German idealists. Originally
evolution was an unconscious act but the evolutionary process creates conscious
beings (of which we humans are top dogs, natch)so that the World Spirit can
become aware of its own creation. As we now look upon the world external to us
as "other" and alien and limiting it just shows we haven't yet evolved far
enough. When we all become German philosophers we'll see the world is our very
own self.