There has been some research with anaesthesia that indicates that when the
brain is shut down by the various drugs, when it wakes up again, it boots up
something like a computer, with various functions coming 'online' one after the
other. This is a bit more complicated than the booting of a computer as a
computer can be completely turned off, whereas completely turning off a
biological entity is death. Some operating systems have a sleep mode, so the
computer is still on, and the system comes back on-line with the touch of a key
or other input device.

 I can tell you that a deep anaesthesia state is extraordinarily blank and that
the boot up from that is a much cleaner experience than awakening from sleep
which is rather erratic by comparison, as with properly administered
anaesthesia you are coming out of nowhere, and sleep has more levels of brain
functioning active.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <seerdope@...> wrote :

 "As you always hear your alarm clock when it goes off in the morning you must
have *some* awareness even in the deepest sleep."

 Is my PC actually on, before it is turned it on?

 (And of course my alarm goes off in early morning hours when I am already
habituated to begin wake up -- in a day dreamy state or in REMS or Non-REMS 1
or 2 stages. I have at times missed the alarm when in very deep sleep).

 "Because to doubt its reality is itself an act of awareness. "

 My awareness (has) doubt(s) the reality of my awareness in vast numbers of
multi-universes.  Does that prove the existence of multi-universes?

          • ... seerd...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
          • ... emily.ma...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
          • ... seerd...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
          • ... s3raph...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]