> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, cardemaister <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >

> > Any ideas why Bhoja seems to mention "rays of sun" in connection
> > with the most advanced stage of Yogic Flying?
> >
> > aaditya-rashmibhish ca viharan yatheSTam (yathaa + iSTam)
> > aakaashena gacchati.
> >
> > I would suggest a translation like:
> >
> > Walking about (?viharan) with(?) the rays of sun (aaditya-
> rashmi_bhish)
> > s/he goes (gacchati) "in" the space (aakaashena) as s/he wishes
> > (yatheSTam).
> >
> > Instead of "aaditya-rashmi" Vyaasa has mere "rashmi" in the plural
> > locative case (rashmiSu: in the rays, or stuff).
> >

> Sounds like Katrina's "Walking on Sunshine" to me...
>
> Seriously, perhaps it IS a reference to bliss physically acting in
> the field of bliss.

Might be, but it just occurred to me, perhaps (aaditya-)rashmi's
(rays [of sun]) represent /agni/, because both Vyaasa and Bhoja
IMO mention "walking on water" as the first stage of /aakaasha-
gamanam/ (= YF). Like pRthivii (earth: almost everybody is able
to "do" that, as in "Beavis and Butthead do America"...:) ), jala
(water), agni (fire), [?vaayu(air)], aakaasha (space).