> No comments on what you wrote, Irmeli, except to say
> that I enjoyed reading them.  But I do have a question.
> In what organization or group did you learn freemasonry?
> I was under the impression that it was closed to women.
>
> Unc

Under the umbrella of freemasonry there are many organizations. The
biggest of them like Grand Orient are for males only. There are also
organizations that accept both men and women. I belong to that kind of
organization. It was founded in Paris in 1893 and its name is Le Droit
Humain. It is active in 70 countries.
There are also organizations where only women are accepted.

Earlier the big male organizations didn't recognize organizations,
where women where members. Now also that has started to change and we
have had visitors in our lodges from the big male organizations.
I once discussed with a high ranking visitor form the Grand Orient and
he also confessed to me that he considers the work in our lodges to be
clearly more advanced than in theirs. In our organization we think it
is because we have both men and women as members.
I was initiated to freemasonry in 1982 and have also been in the
position of the Master in my lodge.

Here is the address of Le Droit Humain: http://www.droit-humain.org/

The name of my lodge is Lux Aboensis. Its home page is at:
http://members.tiscali.fi/luxaboensis/

By clicking at certain points you can proceed in it.

Irmeli