So your British Bangers are going to have goat instead of pork in them? :-D

On 01/14/2015 11:28 PM, salyavin808 wrote:

The madness is now unstoppable.

Schoolbook authors have been told not to write about sausages or pigs for fear of causing offence. Guidance from leading educational publisher the Oxford University Press prohibits authors from including anything that could be perceived as pork-related in their books. [Yes - that's Oxford University Press!]

Among the things prohibited in a text that was commissioned by OUP was the following: Pigs plus sausages, or anything else which could be perceived as pork

The OUP says its guidelines exist because it needs to make its educational material available to as many people as possible. A spokesman said: ‘Many of the educational materials we publish in the UK are sold in more than 150 countries, and as such they need to consider a range of cultural differences and sensitivities. 'Our editorial guidelines are intended to help ensure that the resources that we produce can be disseminated to the widest possible audience.’

Only a bloody revolution is going to wrest power from these half-wits.

LOL I agree totally, it's like the human race is happy to die of over-sensitivity! Is anyone really going to take offence at the sight of a pig? If they do they don't deserve to have their feeling pandered to. Drag em back to reality that's what I say.

One almost wishes there was a satirical magazine that had the guts to confront these maniacs directly!

I wouldn't worry about him too much, Seventh. It's just Turquoise, after all, ranting as usual, distorting what others have said, creating a straw man argument, and generally being an asshole. Nothing new here.

Okay, so just so I have this straight.

This is the same Barry, who just a few days ago was talking about the superior Dutch approach to integrating their Muslim population, I presume by some measure of tolerance, and, horror, respect of their religious traditions, which, as practiced by the great majority of Muslims does not include the slaughter of people not part of their belief system.

And I presume that when Barry interacts with some member of the Muslim population when he is getting a piece of pizza, or a cell phone charger*, he will find it necessary to inform the proprietor, or worker as to what a pile of shit is the religion he subscribes to.

Is this enough to be thankful to God, that Barry's sphere of influence is limited to just four or five people on this site? (-:

* okay, this is light hearted stereotype.  okay, just chill.

*/Yep, as I was saying a few days ago when Feste was urging us to "respect" Muslims' religious beliefs, how exactly are we supposed to feel anything but disgust for a group that really believes it's permissible to order a hit on anyone who creates an image of a human being?
/*
*/
/*
*/I know that the Guardian ran this story because they believe that this nut job cleric is out of the ordinary and a bit of a statistical outlier, but it is actually *standard Sunni Muslim dogma* that creating images of human beings is "worshipping idols" and thus punishable by death. Technically, the Charlie Hebdo murders would have been justified in these fanatics' eyes if they'd published completely reverential images of Mohammed./*
*/
/*
*/So I'm sorry, but anyone who dares to tell me that I "have to respect these people's religion" is as insane as they are. Anyone who believes this shit is either stuck in the Middle Ages or insane or both, and we have a responsibility to other sane human beings to point it out. /*