We live in the past. Everything we consciously perceive is at least one-third
of a second old. Memory is our most important sensory organ.

According to my professor, the naive realist is unaware that he has no
criterion of the reality or unreality of objects experienced. He has faith in
the reality of movie action while it lasts, otherwise he could not really enjoy
it. He has faith in his own action, otherwise how could he really enjoy life.
But how reliable is such faith?

Comparison of present paradoxes with past experiences simply involves greater
possibilities of error and greater paradoxes. For past experiences, to be
compared, must be remembered. But memory often fails us.

What assurance do we have that it is not failing us again?

Yet, past experiences may have been erroneous consistently. The realist thinks
he sees directly back into an existing past which in reality has ceased to
exist!

 From the article:

 False memories don't happen quite like Inception — they're more like a
Wikipedia page that can be edited by you and others, says Elizabeth Loftus, a
cognitive psychologist at the University of California, Irvine. Once people
believe something to be true, their imagination kicks in, and they begin to
visualize the situation using past experiences from themselves, others, even
movies, she says; when the patchwork of memory gets stitched together and
internalized, truth and fiction become indistinguishable.

 You Can Be Persuaded To Confess To An Invented Crime, Study Finds
http://www.npr.org/2015/01/29/382483367/you-can-be-convinced-to-confess-to-an-invented-crime-study-finds?utm_campaign=storyshare&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social

http://www.npr.org/2015/01/29/382483367/you-can-be-convinced-to-confess-to-an-invented-crime-study-finds?utm_campaign=storyshare&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social

 You Can Be Persuaded To Confess To An Invented Crime, ...
http://www.npr.org/2015/01/29/382483367/you-can-be-convinced-to-confess-to-an-invented-crime-study-finds?utm_campaign=storyshare&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social
 With a little misinformation, encouragement and three hours, researchers
convinced 70 percent of the study's participants that they'd committed a crime.
Some even r...

 View on www.npr.org
http://www.npr.org/2015/01/29/382483367/you-can-be-convinced-to-confess-to-an-invented-crime-study-finds?utm_campaign=storyshare&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social
 Preview by Yahoo