See the section: "Efforts to obtain sovereignty" ..

 Megalomania? Nope, not megalomania straight out. Your finding wanting
'Megalomania' on this is your small judgment, spin and opinion from your
removed perspective as POV about the history of this. Evidently it was all much
more experiment and facilitating maneuver towards an aspect of what they were
developing as hypothesis and test in an iteration of an observation at a time
about theories and science of management, society, and governance.

 A more fair understanding was this was large science being facilitated towards
hypothesis testing as it seems they also bought and sold an island off the
coast of Brazil trying these same things to no avail as far as obtaining a
legal nation sovereignty. They along the way they bought a whole vast rural
state district in Brazil complete with infrastructure, towns, utilities, farms,
machinery and peasantry towards this end. Incidentally they made a commodity
fortune in soybeans in that era and he then got out of it all.

 It was all in fact about testing hypothesis in large progressive ways like
Maharishi did all along with the larger movement.

  Admire the guy as a scientist also. He was incredibly consistent and focused
the whole time making observation, and formulating and testing hypothesis
fusing science and spirituality. In your limited experience of course you may
not appreciate this. That is fine though you could have improved upon your
experience and understanding of this as the preponderance of modern science
does seem well to indicate. Times evidently left you behind.

 In the end the best they could do with buying sovereignty is buy some
buildings as titled private property in sovereignty [..person as sovereign over
ones own hearth..] of the Global Country of World Peace owning property by
title within the Iowa municipality of Vedic City then which they controlled as
an Iowa city municipality. They renamed the original town, Vedic City around
that same time then as, Maharishi Vedic City. In steps they are carefully
'positioned' as the Global Country within the codes of Iowa and these United
States of America.   Jai Guru Due-Process-of-Law. The 2010 ten-year Federal
census pegged Maharishi Vedic City at just under 250 people. The augmenting
pundits as a hired-in number fluctuate in their numbers living in a compound
north of north of MVCity.

 The State of the Global Country, now? That Global Country part of the TM
movement is distinguishable as its own element within what is and was TM from
other active elements like the David Lynch Foundation which is out just
teaching TM or the university as its own functioning community. The more
effective Raja as an aspect in that theatrically nutty part of the TM movement
is a very small group really. The effective ones who remain at that level
function like executive vice-presidents of the corporation.  A lot of them are
now detailed to building monuments everywhere in the form of Maharishi Towers
as an objective.

 Of the people who originally paid and became Rajas evidently that number has
shrunk. There are capable Rajas and there are Rajas. Some number has bailed. It
will be interesting to see when they someday come to having a “re-certification
of Rajas”.

 There is a lot of positive communal introspection going on right now at all
levels within TM as to what happened to the TM meditating movement and how
Things might be done now to a better effect. They are open to suggestion. You
got anything useful to say?
 -Buck on the Ground in Fairfield, Iowa