Scam Artist (being wheeled into the emergency room because of an insane drug
boss Jimmy talked him into trying to shake down): You're the worst lawyer ever.

Jimmy McGill (soon to be Saul Goodman): Hey, I just talked you down from a
death sentence to six months' probation -- I'm the best lawyer ever.

The "Breaking Bad" gang is back. Or at least a few of its regulars -- Vince
Gilligan (series creator), Bob Odenkirk (Saul), and familiar characters like
Mike Ermantraut and Tuco Salamanca -- are back, and it's a delight to see them
again. Especially for me, because although I never lived in Albuquerque I did
live in Santa Fe and know ugly-ass Albuquerque far too well. I recognize most
of the neighborhoods, bars, and buildings they film in. Plus I really chuckle
at seeing characters in the final credits with names like No-Doze and Gonzo and
Snake Face and Breadstick Guy. It's all so familiar, in an odd sort of way.

The writing and direction is familiar, too, in the same odd sort of way. I
won't say more, because if you watched "Breaking Bad" you're already watching
this series. But for those who may have missed out on the comic brilliance of
that series, "Better Call Saul" gives you a second chance, and I don't want to
spoil it for you.

This is a really, really funny series. If you're a fan of dark humor, that is.

And Jimmy/Saul is right. As lawyers (only one step up evolutionarily from pond
scum) go, he really is the best lawyer ever.

  • [FairfieldLife] TV serie... TurquoiseBee turquoi...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]