These days, if I was an internet pirate, I would be really worried. If I was
an American expat living off the Dutch dime, I would be really worried,
especially with the Wi-Fi in street cafes. If I was a pirate bragging about my
exploits on a newsgroup, I would have my bags packed and my passport ready.

It's pretty common knowledge that now everything is being tracked on the
internet - that's built into the design. They know who you are and where you
live and everything you look at and/or purchase on the internet.

If I was that dumb, I'd just go ahead and turn myself in to the Dutch police -
since they already know who he is  after he met them at the station to complain
about somebody online posting libel about him. What up?

I always thought he was dumb, but is this one of the dumbest pirates on the
planet of all time or what? Go figure.

 They are even tracking  TAILS users these days.  Morally, if you can pay for a
show you should.  My beef is that they've gotten into this thing of getting
people to "own" a TV series thus paying far more than they should.  A lot of
people might rent at $1 an HD episode.  They would get a rental window of 2
days to watch ONCE they began watching.  This is the way renting movies works
online.  But they charge you 3 times as much to "own" an episode and how many
people are REALLY going to watch at TV episode more than once?  It's a scam.

 BTW, Netherlands was one of the first countries to sign the copyright accords
so they don't exactly ignore copyright infringements.  But they probably prefer
to make an example of a Dutch citizen.  But they also might not like the
opportunism of Hollywood studios.

 On 02/23/2015 10:40 AM, j_alexander_stanley@... mailto:j_alexander_stanley@...