"I am surprised that even among civil liberties groups, some claim the federal
government increasing regulation of the Internet somehow increases our freedom
and liberty." - Ron Paul

Internet, RIP?
http://www.ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/peace-and-prosperity/2015/february/26/internet-rip/

http://www.ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/peace-and-prosperity/2015/february/26/internet-rip/

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <richard@...> wrote :

 On the internet and on FFL, "...there is a cacophony of hateful speech, vice
of every kind" and pirates calling in the police and Interpol - trying to keep
a lid on the slander and the libel.

But, some informants still post here and brag about their exploits, probably
thinking they are "street smart" and won't get caught, even though they brag
about being on Pirate Bay and BitTorrent. In a few more days there could be a
hacker just waiting for every click of the Send button.

The question is, do we want the federal government running the internet or
private companies? We already know that the government is one of the biggest
hackers of private information on the planet. Go figure.

"The recent rash of major breaches of corporate networks, including the theft
of personal information from the health insurer Anthem and the theft of as much
as a billion dollars from over 100 banks are symptoms of a much larger trend of
cybercrime and espionage."

Cybergeddon: Why the Internet could be the next “failed state”
http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/02/fear-in-the-digital-city-why-the-internet-has-never-been-more-dangerous/

http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/02/fear-in-the-digital-city-why-the-internet-has-never-been-more-dangerous/

 I guess the reason our resident "eye patch guy" uses TPB is because he has
slow broadband.  Don't think we've ever heard what speed our folks across the
pond have.  We know that FF has fast broadband.  If you move to Sebastopol you
can get gigbit broadband.  ATT and Comcast go down my street but are scared of
Astound coming down it and hound me all the time to so they can put me on some
contract so I can't get Astound's no contract faster broadband.