 Seems like a poor reflection on the state of education in America. Looks like
the UK is heading that way too with it's growing dependence on privately funded
academies which are often fronts for religious groups.

So, you don't want to talk about sex education in Rotherham?. Go figure.

 And then there's the deliberately state funded religious schools. I can't
think of anything more stupid myself, basing the fundamental on a child's
education on an obviously mythical story that their parents simply "believe" to
be true, and then only because their parents believed it too.

 It's time to break the chain for a generation and see where we end up. There'd
be no more primed fodder for the ISIS jihad army for a start, or Boko Haram.
That's the world made a much better place in a heartbeat and well worth the
extra effort of teaching kids to think for themselves.

 Maybe even US government representatives might gain the pleasure of
understanding their place in the world a bit better?

 The best commentary I've seen on this article is the teaser line: "It's all a
conspiracy by the powerful natural history museum."  :-)

 49 percent of Republicans do not believe in evolution
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/02/25/1366834/-49-percent-of-Republicans-do-not-believe-in-evolution?detail=facebook

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/02/25/1366834/-49-percent-of-Republicans-do-not-believe-in-evolution?detail=facebook

 49 percent of Republicans do not believe in evolution
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/02/25/1366834/-49-percent-of-Republicans-do-not-believe-in-evolution?detail=facebook
 It's all a conspiracy by the powerful natural history museum lobby. There's a
new Public Policy Polling poll out identifying Scott Walker as the top
Republican pick...

 View on www.dailykos.com
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/02/25/1366834/-49-percent-of-Republicans-do-not-believe-in-evolution?detail=facebook
 Preview by Yahoo