 From: "email4you mikemail4you@... [FairfieldLife]"
<FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
 To: Email4you <mikemail4you@...>
 Sent: Saturday, February 28, 2015 4:42 AM
 Subject: [FairfieldLife] 'International Conference for Re-establishing Vedic
India' / HIGHLIGHTS

 even The Dalai Lama sent his greetings and full support

 for reaching the conference goals....

 Following are just a few of the highlights from the 'International Conference
for Re-establishing Vedic India', which featured many of India's leading
scientists, educators, government ministers and spiritual luminaries--and also
prominent Vedic Scientists, educators and researchers from all parts of the
world. Dr Peter Swan gives a beautiful, detailed overview of this historic
conference, with slides, anecdotes, and descriptions of the speakers and their
topics on the Maharishi Channel's 'Family Chat'.

 Maharaja Adhiraj Rajaram (Dr Tony Nader) gave an overview of Vedic Science in
light of Maharishi's insights: he explained that Vedic Science is not a
philosophy or religion--or just inspiring stories. Vedic Science is the
complete understanding of how Nature functions--both on the level of individual
life, and all life in the universe. In great detail, he described the many ways
that Maharishi revitalized the understanding of Vedic Science and brought out
the techniques to experience Enlightenment--the fundamental reality that 'I am
the Veda'. His talk highlighted the beauty and simplicity of Maharishi's Vedic
Science and technologies: the reality that problems are many in the world but
the solution is one--the experience of that divinity which is there within
everyone. The revered Shankaracharya of Jyotir Math, Vasudevananda Saraswati,
gave a beautiful and stirring tribute to the ever growing impact of Maharishi's
revival of Vedic Science in the world. And he congratulated Maharaja and all
the scientists who are upholding the purity and completeness of this knowledge.
He echoed the words of Maharaja: 'Vedic Science is not just for India--it is
for the world'. And he pledged his complete support for implementing
Maharishi's programmes to bring peace and prosperity to all lands and people.
Shankaracharya ji presided over every session of the three day conference. He
said: "This knowledge is for everyone--Muslims, Hindus, Christians, Jews,
everyone. Maharaja has brought Maharishi's knowledge from modern science and
Vedic Science and we will take it! I pray God, I wish, and I demand that we
shine the light of Veda--that we shine the light of harmony--throughout India
and the world."
 Yogashri Swami Ram Dev ji, is considered by many to be the greatest living
Yogi in India. He spoke with enormous enthusiasm about Maharishi's revival of
knowledge, and Maharaja's leadership in the world. He promised to speak with
Prime Minister Narendra Modi about implementing Maharishi's programmes for
India, and he said that he wanted to sponsor the next such conference on Vedic
Science. He requested that all the leading scientists that Maharishi had
trained so perfectly, should again and again come to India to help with this
great work. He said: "Maharishi has done all the work by breaking down the
barriers--by introducing Transcendental Meditation, Yoga, and Vedic Wisdom to
the whole world. There are so many teachers in the field of Yoga--but we should
all be learning from Maharishi. This is the real Vedic Yoga, that Maharishi ji
has given to the world." He added: "Maharaja has given up everything in the
service of Maharishi--when we do that, when we give ourselves completely to
service, then the whole world works for us! (followed by great laughter)...The
world is fascinated by wealth, but it will never bring happiness and peace.
Complete knowledge--this is what Maharaja is giving, and all his saintly
scientists and educators. I salute Maharishi ji--that great Maha Purusha!
Maharishi has brought you all, the vanguard of Vedic Knowledge in the
world--the holy, pious priests of Vedic Wisdom--a blessing for the whole world."
 Swami Amritaswaroopananda Puri is the senior disciple of Amma ji. He spoke
about the importance of the Vedic principle of harmony. He said that this
conference would surely become the inspiration for a coherent effort to restore
Vedic Wisdom to India.
 The Dalai Lama sent his greetings and full support for reaching the conference
goals. He has met with Maharishi's movement leaders, and has enthusiastically
heard about all the practical, proven programmes to bring peace and harmony to
the individual and world.
 Honorable Dr Harsh Vardhan, Minister of Science and Technology, Government of
India told the conference that he had wanted to spend every minute of the last
three days with this conference. "I will do my best to have all the programmes
of Maharishi implemented through the various ministries of government".
 Brazil's Education Minister spoke via tele-conference about how he is working
to implement Maharishi's Transcendental Meditation into all the 48,000
government-run schools in Brazil. He said that the future of education in
Brazil--and the world--is now shining bright because of this practical, proven
knowledge to develop the Total Brain. Public schools in the US and more than 50
countries have introduced TM into the curriculum, with remarkable improvement
in every area of health and learning. The highly respected African leader,
President JoachimChissano of Mozambique, via Skype spoke about how he took
office in the country when they were having a 25 year old civil war, a five
year drought--and they had just been named the poorest country in the world!
Taking Maharishi's guidance he had 18,000 military men practice TM twice daily,
3,000 Yogic Flyers were trained and 30,000 civilians learned TM--and all were
meditating in large groups. "Within months the drought and civil war had
ended--and Mozambique has never been the same." President Chissano added: "Now
everyone knows Mozambique is a rising star of African nations."
 Dr Robert Schneider, author of TOTAL HEART HEALTH, Director of the US'
Institute of Natural Medicine, and researcher and professor at Maharishi
University of Management www.MUM.edu http://www.mum.edu/ in the United States,
reported on Maharishi's revival of Ayurveda in India, and it's growing
utilization around the world. Dr Schneider has received more than $25 million
from the US government for researching the impact of Transcendental Meditation
on heart health. Last year the American Heart Association announced that after
examining research on the many techniques of meditation available in the world,
they found that only TM reduced high blood pressure, heart attacks and stroke.
Dr Schneider told the conference attendees that many governments are now
implementing or considering Maharishi's prevention-based Vedic Medicine--and
that India should lead in this area. Dr Eike Hartmann told the conference that
in recent years, hundreds of millions of dollars has been spent on introducing
Maharishi's refinement of Vastu architecture--the ancient system of building
according to Natural Law. In Fairfield, Iowa, and Maharishi Vedic City alone,
nearly 500 buildings and homes have been built according to Maharishi Vastu
principles. Maharishi on Vastu: "Because the individual is cosmic, everything
about individual life should be in full harmony with cosmic life."
 Dr Fred Travis is one of the world's leading researchers on the brain, and
higher states of consciousness. As Director of the Center for Brain,
Consciousness and Cognition at Maharishi University of Management, he has
recently been studying the effects of Vedic Recitation on the brain. Dr Travis
conducted a live demonstration with a volunteer hooked up to the most
sophisticated brain research equipment: the volunteer listened as about a dozen
Vedic Pandits recited Vedic sounds. Within a few seconds a remarkable level of
alpha coherence spread throughout the brain. Dr Travis explained that this type
of alpha wave brain coherence is similar to that found during the practice of
TM--and not found in other technique of meditation. Dr Travis showed on a large
screen how alpha coherence started in the frontal lobe (called the CEO of the
brain) and then spread throughout the whole brain. Alpha wave EEG coherence is
correlated with everything good in life: health, happiness, moral reasoning,
stability, higher IQ and grade point averages, and successful performance in
athletics, business, etc.
 Dr Vijay Bhatkar is best known as the architect of India's national initiative
in supercomputing. Along with Bill and Melinda Gates, Dr Bhatkar received the
Padma Bhushan award for 2015. This is one of India's highest awards, which was
presented to Dr Bhatkar for his leadership in guiding India to excellence in
Information Technology. In his talk he said that he has spent his lifetime
trying to understand the relationship between Veda and the physical world, and
that Maharaja's presentation was 'the most illuminating talk I have ever
heard.'
 On Monday Maharaja and a large group of scientists and educators were invited
to meet with Sushma Swaraj, PM Modi's Minister of External Affairs. She is a
long-time practitioner of TM, and there was an enthusiastic exchange of ideas
for implementing Maharishi's Vedic Science in India.