RIFF: (Spoken) Against the neganauts we need every meditator we got.

ACTION: (Spoken) Buck don't belong any more.

RIFF: Cut it, Action boy. I an Buck started the 'Ru's.

ACTION: Well, he acts like he don't wanna belong.

BABY JOHN: Who wouldn't wanna belong to the 'Ru's!

ACTION: Buck ain't been with us in the Dome for over a week.

SNOWBOY: What about the day we clobbered the Rubes on FFL?

A-RAB: Which we couldn't have done without Buck.

BABY JOHN: He saved my ever-lovin' neck!

RIFF: Right! He's always come through for us and he will now.

(Singing)
When you're a 'Ru,
You're a Ru all the way
From your first meditation
To your last dyin' day.

When you're a 'Ru,
If the spit hits the fan,
You got brothers and sisters around,
You're a family man!

You're never alone,
You're never disconnected!
You're home with your own:
When company's expected,
You're well protected!

Then you are set
With a capital R,
Which you'll never forget
Till they cart you away.
When you're a 'Ru,
You stay a 'Ru!

(Spoken) I know Buck like I know me. I guarantee you can count him in.

Sevenray27 wrote :

 Doug, this is hilarious, and is so spot on.

 Yes, Barry is as obsessive as those he rants about, and the organization he
rants about.

 We heard a post the other day from aryavazi (I believe) about how he left the
movement, and moved on.

 Can you believe that Barry here, who left the movement, (physically) some
forty years ago, is still here ranting about it, several hours a day, all these
years later.

 Please, I don't think he's the one best qualified to judge obsessive behavior.

 And just for purposes of full disclosure, I admit to my obsessiveness in
getting drawn into this same critique of Barry and some of the other detractors
here.

 But, at least, I feel I have a real life I can fall back on, which has some of
the requisite indicators of someone who is not stuck in past unrequited life
issues.

 Of Turqb's cheap shot, the Large irony with Turqb doing this on FFL is that
the course office administrating Dome badges in Fairfield, Iowa did the same
thing Turqb is doing here now with the ad hominem over what I am writing on FFL
when back in the early 2000's the course office people called my wife
explaining to her then that they thought I was mentally imbalanced and should
not be in the Dome meditation for the critique I was writing on FFLthen about
their anti-saint policy in those days. Same thing here now with Turqb. Turqb
here too is evidently no better than they were at this.
  -Buck in Fairfield

 Writing in 2001,
 FFL#19The Meditating Community
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/FairfieldLife/conversations/messages/19

 or Rick Archer writing in 2001,
 7Re: [FairfieldLife] A Meditating Ccommunity...

 Rick Writing,
 "I’ve love to see a public announcement like the following from the Department
of the Development of Consciousness (the people who give out the badges):

Dear Fairfield Sidhas and Governors,

First, we would like to publicly apologize for ever having excluded from the
domes anyone who wanted to practice Maharishi’s program there. We would like to
welcome everyone back on the condition that if you are in the dome, you promise
to practice what you have learned from Maharishi – no more, no less. In turn,
we promise to never again judge or exclude anyone for what they may choose to
do with their private life. We possess neither the wisdom nor the right to do
this. Let us all come together again in a spirit of love and acceptance, and
begin once more to radiate the harmony and coherence for which the domes were
built.

Jai Guru Dev,

The Department of the Development of Consciousness

.....numbers flying in the domes would double overnight."

Seventhray27 writes:

You sound fine, Doug.

 It's just Barry, being Barry.

 His mean, lonely self, trying hard, (okay, not very hard), to couch it in
genuine sympathy.

 The typical ad hominem offered on FFL when what is written can't be addressed
or dealt with straight on,
 (an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position
they are maintaining.

turquoiseb writes :

 I have to ask -- is anyone else here worried that Buck either has dementia or
a brain tumor? The *language* in his posts is near-incomprehensible, barely
English any more. And he clearly has no idea that this is the case.

 Am I alone in noticing this?

 Buck, forget the "checking." I think it's time for you to get a brain scan.
Seriously.

 These kinds of depressions in spiritual aperture of experience,
 this kind of 'dark night' testimony you relate is not unknown in spiritual
life and practice. This sounds simply like some time of acedia or a kind of
spiritual depression in aperture that was endured.

 Practically taking exercise in a walk, possibly for 50 minutes as modern
science does indicate by looking at the physiology of mental well-being, is not
a bad idea in means to help let these times pass. I feel like you proly did a
right thing taking extended walks at the time.
  Also, I feel we should not just discount deeper spiritual processes entirely
like some are advocating here. Brahmananda Saraswati counseled keeping the
company of the illumined, saints, wise or holy people. The science seems to
indicate this now too, like what one's grandmother who would advise, watch the
company you keep. Is a good lesson in life. -Buck in Fairfield, Iowa

turquoiseb@...> wrote :

 Advice to take with a grain of sand, Sal. Based on many of Buck's previous
rants FFL, I think we have to assume that "un-re-cert" is synonymous with
"quitter". You wouldn't want to entrust your spiritual future to one of them.
:-)

 Ohm no Sal, No. You could've gotten your meditation checked. You know, sit
with a meditation checker or even an un-re-cert teacher if you could not have
found your way in to a Peace Palace near you. There are a lot of un-re-certs
everywhere who would be capable of checking meditation if asked.
 -Buck in Fairfield, Iowa

 salyavin808 shares:

 It was a long time coming. Just sitting there and looking at all the twitching
and hopping about I sudden; saw it from an objective viewpoint rather than as
an insider and realised it was all a load of crap and we were kidding
ourselves. What has been seen can never be unseen I'm afraid, and once you've
looked at it like that there aint no going back.

 My Skem friends didn't mind. I didn't tell them I'd given it up or why at the
time, I just didn't go back to the dome, and instead took walks in the woods in
the morning.

 This was the thing that I never liked about the TMSP, the amount of time it
takes out of your day. From the very beginning I resented the lack of quality
time I could spend out cycling etc. That was one of the reasons I moved in to
the academy, because the day was built round the TMSP and I could still feel
like I wasn't just a hermit with a job.