S3,

 Actually, we may not be the only intelligent life in the universe.  There may
other humanoids in our galaxy alone.  It is possible that the universe has an
inherent program to evolve humanoids wherever and whenever the conditions are
right to grow creatures like us.

 If there are humanoids in our galaxy, they may or may not be technologically
more advanced than we are.  But, due to the vast expanse of our galaxy alone,
we cannot find each other and cannot communicate with each other.  We can only
assume that there may be life forms in some planets based on the light
signatures found in our advanced telescopes.

 Even if we can find good evidence of life in a planet near or far from our
star system, we are technologically incapable of getting there to verify the
fact due to the vastness of space.  The other humanoids in our galaxy would
also have the same problems and limitations.  We are pretty much stuck here on
Earth and they on their own planet.

 However, if we look at the universe from a different perspective, we will find
a whole new range of possibilities.  If we understand that consciousness is the
basis of the universe, we'll find that life is everywhere.  Even a rock is a
form of consciousness.  As such, we can say that the planet Mars is a form of
consciousness and the rocks that we see from the various NASA rovers are forms
of consciousness that are now living on the planet itself.

 The point that I'm trying to say is that, as we evolve in consciousness, we
may be able to understand the mystery of the universe through our own
consciousness and physiology without relying on machines and spaceships to get
us to the other worlds in our galaxy and the rest of the universe.

 The title of the article - Why the Earth Will Never Be Invaded - says a lot.
Why should we project our human proclivities on alien life forms? Just because
we have a fondness for building empires doesn't mean that aliens do also.
Perhaps they spend their lives studying science, writing poetry or in peaceful
contemplation. Perhaps they are well aware of our habits and avoid humans as
being hopelessly vulgar and primitive.

 Having said that, we are very far from understanding what favourable
conditions are necessary to allow for the rise of intelligent life in the first
place. We may indeed be such a rarity that we are not within communicable
distance of higher alien life forms.

 If it transpires that we are the only intelligent life in the universe then
Obama must be the Supreme Being. Scary thought?

 The author of this article states it is so.  But he appears to be clueless to
the idea that consciousness is the basis of the universe and reality.  He also
states that we may be alone in the universe.  What do you think?

 Why the Earth Will Never Be Invaded
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-lanza/why-the-earth-will-never-be-invaded_b_6879216.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-lanza/why-the-earth-will-never-be-invaded_b_6879216.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

 Why the Earth Will Never Be Invaded
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-lanza/why-the-earth-will-never-be-invaded_b_6879216.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592
 Cosmologists propose that the universe was until recently a lifeless
collection of particles. But they have ignored a critical component of the
cosmos because they ...

 View on www.huffingtonpost...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-lanza/why-the-earth-will-never-be-invaded_b_6879216.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592
 Preview by Yahoo