It's a warm day for April, and sunny, so I decided to take myself out for a
rare sit-in-the-sun at my fave neighborhood cafe. But because this morning I
scored HD copies of the first four episodes of Game Of Thrones, season 5, I
brought them with me on my laptop.

So I ordered a beer and opened my laptop and checked FFL and my email, and then
decided "What the heck" and fired up the first of the new Game Of Thrones
episodes and watched it. It rocked. I shall say no more, so as not to ruin even
a moment of it for those who will watch it tonight, wherever they live in the
world. We GOT addicts are a bit of a cult, and we make sure not to spoil the
innocence of newbies if we've been lucky enough to see an episode before they
do.

But now, having finished episode 1 -- the same state that all of these other
GOT addicts will be in after tonight -- I am unlike them in that I am in the
position of being able to binge-watch the next three. Today. Right now. Or I
could wait. And that presents a big, honkin' motherfucker of a koan.

Is it better to binge now and then endure five whole weeks waiting for a
followup, or to watch the next three episodes in "real time," as they come out
on Netflix?

My brain hurts. What will I decide? What would you decide, in a similar
situation?

:-)