--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Dharma Mitra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Does anyone have information about demarcation of kosas or chakras
> into subsections, other than vrittis for chakras? What terms and concepts
> are used to individuate them?

Jaya Guru Datta

The following may not provide all you want but is the meaning to one of the
bhajans from
the beautifully rendered cd "Tripura" by Sri Ganapathi Sachchidananda Swamiji.
This album contains contains all the seed letters and complete knowledge of
Tripura
Rahasaya. Step by step, opening each door of Sri Chakra. It is Devi in all Her
magnificence
and after years of repeated listening reveals more and more of Her infinite
power.

Bhajan - Sri Tripuraa Bhaasuraa
Raga: Nalinakanti
Ashtakona Ð Sarvarogahara Chakra

(The Eight sided encirclement of healing all diseases)

Refrain: Sri Tripura Devi is brilliant. She is the Mother of all who achieve
attainments. May
She protect me! She cures the diseases of air, bile and phlem. She resides in
the five
Koshas (sheaths) of pious people and removes their infatuation. (The five
Koshas are
Annamaya, Pranamaya, Manomaya, Vijnanamaya and Anandamaya i.e., the sheaths of
food, life, mind, knowledge and Bliss. In this encirclement and the next two,
the non-
difference between the subtle aspects of the human body and the Mother and the
way to
realize this non-difference is mentioned. In the seventh encirclement, the
non-difference
between the aspects blending the gross and subtle aspects of the human body and
the
Mother is described in detail.
Stanza 1: In this Chakra, the eight celestials by name Vasini etc., always
praise the glories
of the Mother singing hymns like Lalita Sahasranama etc. The Mother, who is in
the left
side of ShivaÕs form resides in the Ashta Kona Chakra i.e. the eight-sided
encirclement.
She likes humor. Female monks by name Rahasya Yoginis praise Her. May the
Mother
bless me with the flow of good utterances!
Stanza 2: She is the consort of Shiva. Her mudra (gesture) is Sarva Khechara
(Sarva is All;
Khechara is a spiritual power by which one freely moves in the sky in a subtle
form). She is
the daughter of the mountain Himalaya. She resides in the Sarvarogahara Chakra,
the
encirclement of healing of all diseases. The brilliance Her beautiful face
excels the shine of
the lotus (Nalina means lotus; Kanti is shine. The tune of this song is Nalina
Kanti). The
Mother radiates the wonderful miraculous brilliance of Sat-Chit-Ananda (Truth-
Knowledge-Bliss)

Sri Guru Datta

In Datta Seva

Hanuman