Banarasi Kriti 2007 #1, Mineral Pigments and gouache on paper, 8” x 8,” 2007

 Dear Friends:

 Charlotte’s health has been in precipitous decline for the last three months.
She has heroically done everything possible to recover from the chronic illness
that took her by storm 35 years ago, not missing a beat among the many medical
treatments, alternative therapies, energy healings, and spiritual practices
that her path revealed. Her body’s options for quality of life and even
survival have suddenly run out.

 Charlotte is in Hospice at our home in Sebastopol.  Though she is at peace and
comfortable, she is not able to communicate. The time of Charlotte’s departure
may be between 24 or 48 hours, possibly later.

 We invite you to offer inward prayers for her exalted transition.  In case you
feel to do so, please send messages that we can read to her.  Please feel free
to share this message with anyone who would like to be informed.

 Charlotte has always said that when someone dies, we should celebrate by
dancing and singing and not by mourning.  Always a great lover, creator and
provider of food, she would like you to enjoy a lovely meal on her behalf
wherever you are.  Or she would love for you to delight in the beauty of art or
nature - Charlotte painted from the visionary joy in her heart and saw the
divine in flowers, plants, trees and the world around her. Ardent to be in the
transcendent, she will rejoice with you there.

 Heartbroken to lose the physical manifestation of Charlotte's radiant being
and the great wisdom and great love that has been the innermost hub of our
wonderful life together, we wish Charlotte happy trails as she moves on to
brighter pastures.

 XXX,

 Michael, Vayya, and Chandra Lila

 Iquitos, Peru, 2010