I don't think the term "incest" is overkill. The relationship between a guru
and his disciples is, or can and should be, very profound and emotionally
intimate. From my perspective, it is a sacred relationship and should be
pure. It is ultimately the guru's responsibility to keep it that way, since
he, by definition, should be "established" enough to be above temptation. If
he is not, then he is not a first-rate guru, and is probably not qualified
to guide others to enlightenment. If he violates the sacredness of the
guru-disciple relationship, the psychic/spiritual harm it may do can easily
be as damaging as incest.