From: salyavin808 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>

Why is - presumably - someone from Stanford University introducing a mystical
speaker with the legend "We've seen how nature is structured in layers with a
unified field at the base". No we haven't, if there is one thing we know for
sure is that we haven't found any unified fields let alone unified fields of
consciousness. The term has no meaning anyway and where is the field generated
from? Does it violate the laws of conservation of energy? Why isn't it
detectable like all other fields are?
All we get from Tony Nader (what no 'raja raam' today?) is a list of qualities
that consciousness has that he thinks are somehow indicative of an eternal
nature but none of them are!
And the whole point of quantum physics is that it proves the universe isn't
holistic but made up of tiny discrete units called quanta. That's what the word
means not that all things are one or part of a field, the unified field of
physics would have been like all fields and simply a mathematical way of
working out where particles are most likely to be. They aren't real. And the
best candidate for a unified field turned out to be wrong, it was falsified so
why do they keep going on about it? Simple, because it's their only way of
convincing people that there is some sort of scientific basis to their beliefs.
They decided that the "vedic" way of looking at things had a parallel before
the parallel was found and they didn't change it when they realised they were
wrong. It's the very essence of bad science and they rely on you not knowing
anything about it either.
So why are Stanford University holding introductory talks into Marshy's vedic
"science"? Can we assume it's part of a comparative religious studies forum?

Clearly, some TM fanatic/parrot proposed Tony's name for this conference and
then introduced him. Equally clearly, the academics at Stanford acted like
classic academics and were impressed by Tony's early academic pedigree
(Harvard, MIT), so he was deemed "acceptable" to speak. I can guarantee you
that if they had been shown photos of him dressed in long robes and a crown,
calling himself a "king," and receiving his weight in gold from a known
charlatan, they probably wouldn't have allowed him to speak.
In other words, he gets invited to academic forums by doing the same thing
Hagelin does -- pointing people at his past academic accomplishments before he
lost his mind and became a cultist, and hopes that they'll stop looking into
his background at the degrees.